A delicious and zesty stuffed jalapeno appetizer. And no, armadillos don't really lay eggs!
What You Need
24 jalapeno peppers
1 pound ground sausage
2 cups all-purpose baking mix
1 16-oz. package cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 16-oz. package Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
2. Cut a slit in each jalapeno pepper and remove the seeds and pulp (seeds are what make jalapenos hot, so get them all!). Wash hands after handling seeds.
3. In a medium bowl, mix ground sausage, baking mix, cheddar cheese, crushed red pepper, and garlic salt.
4. Stuff jalapenos with the Monterey Jack cheese cubes. Shape sausage mixture around the jalapenos to form balls.
5. Place the stuffed jalapeno balls on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes, until lightly browned.
Return to Appetizer Recipes index