Cajun Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
Cajun-styled spices are used to create a savory treat with these appetizer mushrooms. Use 24 mushrooms to create 24 servings.
What You Need
1/2 pound Andouille sausage, casing removed
1 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup water
3/4 cup instant rice
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
24 large mushroom caps (save stems)
2 cups mayonnaise
1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Using a deep skillet, brown sausage, onions, bell pepper and mushroom stems. Add salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Add water and bring to a boil.
3. Add rice and parsley. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
4. Blend mayonnaise and cheese together, then combine half of this mixture with the cooked sausage-rice mixture.
5. Stuff mushrooms caps, then spoon remaining mayo-cheese mixture on top of mushrooms.
6. Place stuffed mushrooms in 9x12 baking dish and bake for 35 minutes, until mushrooms are golden.
Return to Appetizer Recipes index