What are "cheese eyeballs"? They are cheese-and-olive appetizers in which the olive is pressed into a cheeseball.
What You Need
1/2 pound cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 cup flour
1 6-oz. bottle stuffed green olives
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Shred cheese in work bowl of food processor, then place metal chopping blade in work bowl and add margarine.
3. Combine salt, paprika, and flour in separate bowl.
4. Turn on food processor and slowly add flour mixture tbrough the feed tube. Stop processing as soon as ingredients are combined.
5. Measure approximately one teaspoon of this mixture and form an "eyeball" around an olive. Turn the olive so that it appears to be "looking" to the front (staring back at you).
6. Line up the "cheese eyeballs" on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for approximately 15 minutes.
Return to Appetizer Recipes index