This Chicken Wings Gorgonzola recipe makes 20 appetizers and serves 6.
What You Need
2 pounds chicken wings, cut into 2 pieces at joint, tips discarded
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 cups vegetable oil for frying
1 small bunch watercress, washed and trimmed for garnish
Creamy Gorgonzola Dressing
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
What To Do
1. In deep fryer or large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil to 375 degrees F, testing with kitchen thermometer.
2. Pat wings dry and season with salt and pepper. Carefully lower wings into oil and fry, turn occasionally, until golden brown and crisp, about 10 minutes. To avoid overcrowding the skillet, fry wings in small batches.
3. Remove wings with tongs and drain on paper towels. After draining, transfer wings to large bowl.
4. In small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Mix in hot pepper sauce and vinegar.
5. Pour mixture over wings and toss to coat well.
6. Arrange wings on serving platter, garnish with watercress and serve with Creamy Gorgonzola Dressing.
Dressing: In medium bowl, combine all ingredients until well-blended. Serve with wings.
Return to Appetizer Recipes index