This Golden Tidbits recipe makes 28 bite-sized servings.
What You Need
1.5 cups extra cheddar cheese crackers, crumbled
7 tablespoons margarine, melted
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 pound hot pork sausage, cooked, crumbled, and drained well
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
6 tablespoons chive and onion cream cheese
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Combine cracker crumbs and margarine; mix well. Firmly press in bottom and 1 inch up sides of an ungreased 1-quart baking dish.
3. Combine eggs, sausage, pepper, and cream cheese; stirring until blended. Pour mixture into baking dish.
4. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
5. Remove from oven; let stand for 10 minutes.
6. Turn onto a plate with cracker side up. Cut into bite-size pieces and serve.
Source: Georgia Egg Commission
Return to Appetizer Recipes index