Jalyn's Deviled Eggs Recipe
This Deviled Eggs recipe was submitted by Jalyn, who says, "Deviled Eggs are a favorite in my household. We make them every time there's a gathering, and they go fast! This is my tried-and-true deviled eggs recipe."
What You Need
6 hard-boiled eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon mustard
2 tablespoons mashed avocado
1 tablespoon sweet relish
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons sour cream
1/2 tablespoon hot sauce
12 green olive slices with pimentos
What To Do
1. Cut eggs in half, lengthwise, and carefully scoop out yolks (so as not to break the whites). Put yolks into 1-quart plastic bag and put whites aside on the deviled eggs serving tray.
2. Take the bag containing the yolks, press out air and mash until yolks are powder-like.
3. Add salt, pepper, mustard, avocado, sweet relish, vinegar, sour cream, and hot sauce into bag with yolks. Press out air, close bag, and knead until ingredients are blended. Then push filling toward corner of bag.
4. With your scissors, snip about a half inch off corner of bag. Squeezing bag gently, fill reserved whites with yolk mixture.
5. Top each deviled egg with green olive slices and pimentos. Place in refrigerator to chill (cover tray with plastic wrap), which will blend the flavors.
Return to Appetizer Recipes index