This Sesame Chicken Fingers recipe makes 40 appetizers and serves 8.
What You Need
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons water
1 cup fine crumbs made from plain rice crackers or panko crumbs
1/2 cup sesame seeds
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 500F.
2. Trim chicken breasts, cutting them into 1-inch by 3-inch strips.
3. In shallow dish, whisk together flour and salt.
4. In another shallow dish, whisk together eggs and water.
5. In third shallow dish, mix together crumbs and sesame seeds.
6. Dredge chicken strips in flour, coating all sides. Dip chicken in egg; then roll chicken strips in crumb mixture to coat well.
7. In large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, warm half the oil. Add half the chicken and saute until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to baking sheet.
8. Heat remaining oil in skillet and saute remaining chicken strips, transferring to baking sheet when done.
9. Bake chicken until firm and crispy, about 8 minutes. Arrange on platter and serve with dipping sauces.
Return to Appetizer Recipes index