Sweet and Sour Poached Fish Appetizers Recipe
What You Need
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 lbs. halibut, cod or other white fish, cut into appetizer-size portions
3 tablespoons honey
1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons minced parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1 cup sliced onion
1 cup water
What To Do
1. Combine honey, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper sauce; mix well. Slowly whisk in oil. Set aside.
2. Bring water, wine, onion, lemon slices, 1/2 teaspoon salt and bay leaf to boil in medium skillet. Add fish. If necessary, add hot water to cover fish. Simmer, covered, 6 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with fork.
3. Let stand 5 minutes and gently remove fish from water.
4. Drizzle poached fish with honey mixture as soon as it is removed from poaching liquid. Marinate until cold.
5. Serve fish on lettuce-lined platter, drizzled with honey-lemon mixture.
Source: National Honey Board
Return to Appetizer Recipes index