Tangy Black Bean Dip Recipe
Serve this Tangy Black Bean Dip recipe with tortilla chips and watch it disappear in a hurry. In addition to being delicious, black beans are among the best beans for you, nutritionally.
What You Need
Black beans - 2 cups dry or 4 cups prepared
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium bell pepper, chopped
2 medium cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 1/2 tablespoons ground coriander
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/3 cider vinegar
Salt to taste
What To Do
1. If using dry beans, sort, rinse and cook according to instructions. If using canned beans, drain.
2. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a heavy skillet. Add onions, peppers, and garlic to hot oil and saute until onions are translucent.
3. Add cumin, coriander and chili powder to pan and cook another minute, stirring often.
4. Add the vinegar and stir to deglaze bottom of the pan.
5. Add beans and contents of skillet to a food processor and puree (always be very careful with hot ingredients in a food processor!) until smooth.
6. Season with salt to taste and transfer to serving bowl.
Return to Bean Dip Recipes index