This recipe has some heat from the whole jalepenos used. To reduce the heat, slice open jalapenos and remove seeds (wash hands immediately after).
What You Need
2 large tomatillos, diced
1 medium tomato, diced
1/4 cup diced sweet onion
2 jalapeno peppers
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon salt
What To Do
1. Place diced tomatillos and tomato in bowl.
2. Remove jalapeno stems and coarsely chop; add jalapeno and cilantro to food processor and process until pieces are small.
3. Add onion to processor and pulse until very finely diced (do not puree).
4. Transfer processor contents to bowl. Add lime juice and salt and stir.
5. Cover and refrigerate; serve chilled.
Return to Salsa Recipes index
Barbecue Sauce Recipes