This cornmeal chips recipe makes 30 chips, with each chip having about 15 calories. The source is the Human Nutrition Information Center, part of the USDA.
What You Need
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 tablespoons margarine
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Lightly grease baking sheet.
3. Heat water, margarine, and seasonings to boiling. Remove from heat. Stir in cornmeal and mix well.
4. Divide dough into 30 portions using about 1 teaspoon dough each. Roll each portion into a ball about 3/4-inch in diameter.
5. Place balls on baking sheet, about 3 inches apart. Cover with wax paper and press with bottom of a glass until very thin, about 2 1/2 inches in diameter. Remove wax paper.
6. Bake until lightly browned and crisp - about 15 minutes.
7. Cool on rack. Store in airtight container.
Return to Snack Recipes index