Pecan Cashew Popcorn Balls Recipe
Be quick on your feet when making this snack recipe! You'll also need a heavy pan with a candy thermometer.
What You Need
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup light corn syrup
2/3 cup water
1 pound butter
1 cups pecan halves, toasted
2 cups cashews, lightly toasted
8 cups popped popcorn
What To Do
1. Combine sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup and water in a heavy pan with a candy thermometer and place over high heat. Bring to boil and add butter, stirring until butter is melted.
2. Continue cooking until the mixture reaches 350F, 20-30 minutes.
3. In a large, lightly oiled bowl, toss the nuts and popcorn together.
4. Carefully pour the hot syrup over the popcorn-nut mixture. Acting quickly, before liquid has cooled, toss the mixture to coat the popcorn and nuts completely.
5. Once the mixture has cooled enough to handle, quickly shape into 3-inch balls, placing each on a nonstick baking sheet to cool.
6. Serve when cool, or store in a cool place in airtight container.
Return to Snack Recipes index