Apple and Pecan Brownies Recipe
What You Need
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup all-purpose (plain) flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup chopped pecan nuts
What To Do
1. Preheat the oven to 375 deg F (190 deg C). Grease and flour a 9 inch square cake pan.
2. Mix the oil, applesauce and cocoa together, then stir in the sugar, then the eggs and vanilla extract.
3. Sieve the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and the sprinkle the chopped pecans over the top.
5. Bake for about 25 minutes or until top is set and a sharp knife or skewer comes out clean.
6. When ready, leave it to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then turn out and allow to cool completely. Take care because it might break up. When it is cold, cut in into small squares or fingers.
Return to Brownie Recipes index
Dessert Recipes Index