Butterscotch Brownies Recipe
What You Need
1/4 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup pecans ,chopped
Powdered (Confectioners) sugar
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour and 8x8 baking pan.
2. In a saucepan, melt butter then stir in brown sugar until dissolved; allow to cool slightly.
3. Pour into mixing bowl, then add egg and vanilla and beat well.
4. Sift and measure flour; add baking powder and salt and sift into bowl with butter mixture and stir.
5. Stir in pecans.
6. Pour mixture into the prepared baking pan and bake for 30 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool, then dust with powdered sugar. Cut into bars to serve.
Return to Brownie Recipes index
Dessert Recipes Index