What You Need
1 cup butter
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
Pinch of salt
2 cups sugar
1 cup sifted flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 325F and grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
2. Add butter and chocolate to a small saucepan and place over low heat. Melt chocolate and stir, then set aside to cool.
3. Beat eggs until light yellow; add salt, sugar, flour and baking powder and blend well.
4. Blend in cooled chocolate, vanilla and pecans.
5. Pour into prepared pan and bake 35-45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool before cutting.
Return to Brownie Recipes index
Dessert Recipes Index