This Walnut Brownies recipe makes 8 servings.
What You Need
1/4 cup shortening
3 tablespoons baking cocoa
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8x4x2 loaf pan.
2. Cream shortening and cocoa in a mixing bowl.
3. Beat in egg, sugar and vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients, then slowly add to creamed mixture. Beat on low speed until combined thoroughly.
5. Add walnuts and stir.
6. Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
Return to Brownie Recipes index
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index