Ambrosia Coffee Cake Recipe
This Ambrosia Coffee Cake recipe makes 10 servings.
What You Need
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1/3 cup canned crushed pineapple, well drained
1/4 cup flaked coconut
1 1/2 cups flour
2/3 cup honey, divided
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup shortening
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
What To Do
1. In small mixing bowl, blend together butter and 1/3 cup honey.
2. Add coconut and pineapple. Mix thoroughly. Set aside.
3. In small bowl of electric mixer, place remaining 1/3 cup honey and shortening. Blend on low speed.
4. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Beat on low speed until well blended, scraping sides and bottom of bowl several times.
5. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Continue to mix on low speed until dry ingredients are moistened. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
6. Grease 8-inch square baking pan. Dust bottom with flour. Spread batter in prepared pan. Spoon honey-coconut mixture carefully over top of batter, spreading evenly.
7. Bake at 350F for 30 to 35 minutes or until cake tests done in center. Serve warm.
Source: National Honey Board
Return to Cake Recipes index
Carrot Cake Recipes
Chocolate Cake Recipes
Pound Cake Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index