What You Need
1 3/4 cups of egg whites
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup cake flour
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
What To Do
Note: Do NOT preheat oven. But do grease a 10-inch tube pan.
1. Sift flour and powdered sugar together four times.
2. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites and salt together with an electric mixer until foamy.
3. Add cream of tartar and continue beating until soft peaks are formed.
4. Add granulated sugar, continue beating until very glossy. Stiff peaks should form when beaters are removed.
5. Fold in dry ingredients, one-third at a time, using a wire whisk.
6. Transfer to prepared tube pan. Place in cold oven and turn heat to 375F.
7. Bake 35 minutes. Allow to cool for three hours before removing from pan.
Return to Cake Recipes index
Pound Cake Recipes
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index