This Apple Coffee Cake is great served with ice cream, or eat it plain and served warm.
What You Need
2/3 cup butter or margarine, at room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cup flour
2/3 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 fresh apple, chopped
1/3 cup raisins (optional)
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8-inch round pan.
2. Cream butter and 1/3 cup sugar in mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in sour cream, vanilla and egg.
4. Separately combine flour, baking soda and salt, then mix into creamed mixture and blend Well.
5. Combine all of topping ingredients until coarse crumbs form.
6. Spoon half of batter into prepared pan, sprinkle apples and raisins and half the topping mixture over batter, then top with remaining batter. Sprinkle remaining half of topping.
7. Bake 25-30 minutes.
Return to Cake Recipes index
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index