What You Need
2 large tart green apples, chopped (3 cups)
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup raisins
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup margarine
Whipped cream (optional)
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and lightly flour 8x8x2 baking pan.
2. Combine first four ingredients in one bowl.
3. In another bowl, combine next five ingredients. Mix well.
4. In large bowl of electric mixer, at high speed, beat next three ingredients until thick (about 5 minutes). Gradually add in margarine. At low speed, beat in flour mixture until smooth. Fold in fruit mixture until well-blended.
5. Spoon into prepared baking pan. Bake 45 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into squares and served with whipped cream, if desired.
Return to Cake Recipes index
Pound Cake Recipes
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index