Apple and Carrot Cake Recipe
What You Need
2 cups whole wheat flour, self-rising
1/2 cup margarine
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup walnuts, chopped
2/3 cup raisins
2 cups dessert apples, peeled, cored and grated
1 cup grated carrot
Grated peel of 1 orange
2 large eggs
4 tablespoons fresh orange juice
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 4-cup capacity loaf pan.
2. Place flour in bowl, cut in margarine, then stir in cinnamon.
3. Stir in the walnuts, raisins, apples and carrot.
4. Add orange peel, eggs and juice, and beat until thoroughly combined.
5. Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 75 minutes, or until cake has risen and is firm to the touch.
6. After 2 minutes of cooling, turn out of pan and onto wire rack for complete cooling.
Return to Carrot Cake Recipes index
Pound Cake Recipes
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index