This Honey Carrot Cake recipe makes 12-16 servings.
What You Need
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup chopped nuts, optional
2 cups finely grated carrots
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup honey
1/2 cup margarine, softened
1/4 cup orange juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup unbleached flour
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup whole wheat flour
What To Do
1. In large mixing bowl, cream margarine until fluffy.
2. Beat in honey in fine stream until well blended.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. In small bowl, combine carrots, raisins, nuts, orange juice and vanilla; set aside.
5. Combine dry ingredients in separate large bowl.
6. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with carrot mixture, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
7. Pour batter into greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
8. Bake at 350F for 35 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
9. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn onto wire cake rack.
Return to Carrot Cake Recipes index
Chocolate Cake Recipes
Pound Cake Recipes
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index