Honey Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
This Honey Lemon Cheesecake recipe makes 12 servings.
What You Need
1 1/2 cups broken vanilla wafer cookies
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
11 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
1/2 cup honey (Orange Blossom, Sage or Tupelo)
1 1/2 cups milk, divided
1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
What To Do
1. Place cookies and nuts in blender or food processor container; process until coarse crumbs.
2. Add melted butter; process until blended.
3. Pour crumb mixture into 9-inch spring form pan; spread and press evenly onto bottom and up sides of pan to form crust. Freeze while preparing filling.
4. Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Slowly add 1 1/4 cups milk, mixing until smooth and well blended.
5. Beat in lemon juice and peel; set aside.
6. In small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over remaining 1/4 cup milk; let stand 1 minute. Stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved.
7. Stir in honey; whisk to blend.
8. Add to cheese mixture, mixing until well blended. Freeze 15 minutes then whisk partially set cheesecake mixture until smooth.
9. Pour into prepared crust and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
10. Drizzle with honey and serve with fresh fruits and Honey Whipped Cream, if desired.
Honey Whipped Cream: Using electric mixer, beat 1 cup heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/4 cup honey; beat until stiff peaks form.
Source: National Honey Board
Return to Cheesecake Recipes index
Pound Cake Recipes
Carrot Cake Recipes
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index