New York Style Honey Cheesecake Recipe
The New York Style Honey Cheesecake recipe makes 12 servings.
What You Need
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
4 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup flour
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon lemon zest, grated
1 teaspoon vanilla
Honey Lemon Glaze
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
What To Do
1. To make crust, in a small bowl stir together graham cracker crumbs and butter until well blended.
2. Press mixture evenly onto bottom and sides of a greased 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 350F.
4. To make filling, combine cream cheese, honey and flour in bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until smooth.
5. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Beat in cream, lemon zest and vanilla.
7. Pour cream cheese mixture over crust, bake 15 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 200F and bake 1 hour and 30 minutes longer or until center no longer looks wet or shiny.
8. Turn oven off. Let cheesecake cool in oven 1 hour with oven door ajar.
9. Remove cheesecake to a rack to cool completely. (To prevent top of cheesecake from cracking during cooking, run a knife around the edge of the pan so that cake can pull away freely as it contracts.)
10. Cover and refrigerate cheesecake for at least 4 hours before serving.
Honey Lemon Glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together honey, melted butter and grated lemon zest. Drizzle over cooled cheesecake.
Return to Cheesecake Recipes index
Pound Cake Recipes
Carrot Cake Recipes
Chocolate Cake Recipes
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index