All American Chocolate Cake Recipe
What You Need
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
1 cup shortening
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups cake flour
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
2. Using a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt chocolate and shortening. Stir constantly over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
3. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients, then add chocolate mixture, milk and eggs, and beat until smooth.
4. Spread batter in prepared cake pans.
5. Bake 30-35 minutes; a toothpick inserted in center should come out clean.
6. Cool 5 minutes in pans, then turn out onto wire rack to complete cooling.
Return to Chocolate Cake Recipes index
Carrot Cake Recipes
Pound Cake Recipes
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index