This Chocolate Cake recipe includes chocolate frosting and makes 15 servings.
What You Need
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sour milk (1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar plus milk to fill up a half-cup measure)
2 1-oz. squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 1-oz. square unsweetened chocolate, melted
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour 13x9 baking pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar and 1/2 cup butter and beat until creamy using an electric mixer on medium speed.
3. Add milk, 2 ounces melted chocolate, eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
4. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Beat on low until mixed thoroughly.
5. Add boiling water and beat until smooth.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 40-45 minutes. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Frosting: In a large mixing bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter. Add powdered sugar, cocoa and salt, alternating with whipping cream and melted chocolate, beating well after each addition. Add corn syrup and stir well.
Return to Chocolate Cake Recipes index
Carrot Cake Recipes
Pound Cake Recipes
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index