Chocolate Layer Cake Recipe
What You Need
12 oz. butter, softened
12 oz. sugar
12 oz. flour
4 oz. finely ground almonds
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup boiling water
6 tablespoons butter
7 oz. semisweet dark chocolate
7 oz. confectioners' sugar
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease two 9-inch cake pans.
2. Beat the softened butter with sugar. Add one egg at a time, mix well between each egg.
3. Mix in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla extract and finely ground almonds.
4. Add half cup of boiling water and mix well.
5. Pour batter into cake pans and bake 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cakes and cut each in half, horizontally.
1. Melt butter and chopped chocolate in a double boiler.
2. Beat the eggs with confectioners' sugar and mix with the chocolate and butter mixture.
3. Use two-thirds of the frosting to sandwich the four layers together. Coat the cake with the remainder of the frosting.
4. Cool frosted cake in refrigerator to harden the frosting. Prior to serving, allow cake to sit at room temperature for 1-2 hours.
Return to Chocolate Cake Recipes index
Carrot Cake Recipes
Pound Cake Recipes
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index