Chocolate Truffle Cake Recipe
What You Need
9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons brandy
1 tablespoon plain flour
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9x2 springform pan. Line bottom of pan with waxed paper and grease the paper. Wrap bottom and side of pan with aluminum foil.
2. Add chocolate, butter and sugar to a saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir frequently until all ingredients are melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat, wait one minute, and stir in brandy.
3. In a large mixing bowl with electric mixer, beat eggs on low speed for about one minute.
4. Add flour and beat into eggs, the beat in chocolate mixture.
5. Pour mixture into sprinform pan. Place springform pan in a large roasting pan and pour boiling water into roasting pan, filling to about 2/3 up the side of springform pan.
6. Add to oven and bake 25-30 minutes.
7. Remove springform pan from water. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes in pan, the carefully remove springform pan and place cake on wire rack for completely cooling.
8. Dust cake with confectioners sugar and serve with whipped cream.
Return to Chocolate Cake Recipes index
Carrot Cake Recipes
Pound Cake Recipes
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index