Easy Upside Down Cake Recipe
What You Need
1 20-oz. can pineapple slices
1/4 cup butter
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
10 maraschino cherries (optional)
1 17-oz. package pound cake mix
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Drain pineapple, reserving syrup.
3. Melt butter in 10-inch oven-proof skillet. Blend in brown sugar. Remove from heat.
4. Arrange pineapple in butter mixture. Place a cherry in centers of pineapple slices.
5. Prepare cake according to package directions, replacing milk with reserved pineapple syrup. Pour over pineapple.
6. Bake 45-50 minutes. Allow to cool 5 minutes after removing from oven, then invert on serving plate.
Return to Cake Recipes index
Carrot Cake Recipes
Chocolate Cake Recipes
Pound Cake Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index