Honey Pear Upside Down Cake Recipe
This Honey Pear Upside Down Cake recipe makes 8 servings.
What You Need
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons butter or parave margarine, melted
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup honey
1 pear (Bartlett or Anjou), peeled and thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon salt
What To Do
1. Arrange pear slices in bottom of greased 9-inch pie pan.
2. Sprinkle with flour, orange peel and cinnamon; drizzle evenly with honey.
3. In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
4. In small bowl, combine honey, egg, butter and orange juice; mix well.
5. Add to flour mixture, stirring until just blended. Spread mixture evenly over pears.
6. Bake at 375F for 30 to 35 minutes or until browned. Let cool 5 minutes on wire rack; invert onto platter. Serve warm.
Source: National Honey Board
Return to Cake Recipes index
Carrot Cake Recipes
Chocolate Cake Recipes
Pound Cake Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index