This Honey Rum Cake recipe makes 10-12 servings.
What You Need
Almonds, toasted, sliced, optional
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 cup chopped toasted almonds
2 tablespoons honey
Honey-Rum Whipped Cream
1/3 cup light rum
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
1 package yellow cake mix with pudding
What To Do
1. Melt butter in small saucepan; add honey and mix well. Divide mixture in half and spread over bottom surfaces of two 8-inch cake pans.
2. Sprinkle half of nuts into each pan; set aside.
3. Combine cake mix, eggs, water, oil and rum in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer at highest speed 2 minutes. Pour batter over nuts in prepared pans.
4. Place pans on center rack of preheated 350F oven; bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean.
5. Prick cakes with fork while still in pans, then spoon 1/4 Honey Rum Glaze (see below) over each cake and let cool 5 minutes.
6. Invert cakes onto racks; spoon remaining glaze over nut side of each cake.
Honey-Rum Glaze: Combine 3/4 cup honey, 1/3 cup butter or margarine and 3 Tablespoons water in small saucepan. Bring to boil; cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in 1/3 cup light rum. Makes 1-1/2 cups.
Source: National Honey Board
Return to Cake Recipes index
Pound Cake Recipes
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index