This Moist Lemon Cake recipe makes 1 8x8 square cake. Try different flavors simply by substituting a different juice.
What You Need
8 ounces butter
8 ounces sugar
8 ounces self-rising flour
Juice of 2 lemons
3 tablespoons confectioners sugar
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 400F and grease an 8x8 square pan.
2. Cream butter and sugar, then alternately add beaten eggs and sifted flour.
3. Turn batter into prepared pan and bake 50 minutes.
4. Boil lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan, time to completion of baking for cake.
5. Remove finished cake from oven. Pour boiling lemon/sugar mixture over top of cake. Cool in pan.
Return to Cake Recipes index
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index