What You Need
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups peaches, peeled and cut into half-inch cubes
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What To Do
1. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
2. In mixer, beat together sugar and shortening until creamy.
3. Blend in buttermilk, egg and vanilla.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Gently stir in peaches.
5. Pour batter into greased 11x7 baking dish.
6. In small bowl, combine nut topping ingredients and sprinkle over cake.
7. Bake in preheated 350F oven for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool before cutting.
Return to Cake Recipes index
Pound Cake Recipes
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index