What You Need
3 cups granulated sugar
1/2 pound butter
1/2 cup shortening
5 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups flour
3/4 cup evaporated milk, plus water to make 1 cup
2 teaspoons almond extract
What To Do
Note: Do not preheat oven for this recipe.
1. Lightly grease a 12-cup Bundt pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together sugar and shortening, then add eggs and salt and cream again.
3. Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
4. Pour into prepared Bundt pan and put into cold oven, setting temperature to 320F.
5. Bake 90 minutes. Allow to cool 15 minutes before removing from pan.
Return to Pound Cake Recipes index
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index