What You Need
4 cups cake flour (sift before measuring)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups butter
2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 325F and grease and flour tube cake pan.
2. Sift flour and salt together.
3. In separate bowl, add cream together butter and sugar.
4. Add eggs one a time, betting well between each addition.
5. Add half the sifted flour and salt, beating about 1 minute, then the remaining dry mixture plus remaining ingredients. Beat for another minute.
6. Pour into tube cake pan and bake 1 hour, 20 minutes. Immediately upon removal from oven, turn cake onto wire rack for cooling.
Return to Pound Cake Recipes index
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index