Best Ever Pound Cake Recipe
What You Need
1 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
3 cups sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
2. Add butter, shortening and sugar to bowl and cream until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, one a time, stirring after each addition until creamy.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add this dry mix, alternating with milk, and beating after each addition.
5. Mix in vanilla and almond.
6. Turn batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour.
7. Leave cake in oven for 15 minutes longer with heat turned off. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Finish cooling on wire rack. Serve as is, dust with confectioners sugar or top with your favorite butter icing.
Return to Pound Cake Recipes index
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index