What You Need
2 1/2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 pinch salt
1 cup milk
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 10-inch round tube pan.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together sugar and butter until smooth.
3. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
4. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir until just blended, then pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool before removing from pan.
Return to Pound Cake Recipes index
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index