Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe
What You Need
1/2 cup butter (at room temperature)
3 eggs (at room temperature)
1/2 cup Dairy Sour Cream (at room temperature)
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Powdered Sugar for dusting
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and lightly flour a 5x9 loaf pan.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda.
3. In a larger bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium for 30 seconds; then gradually add 2 tablespoons of sugar at a time, while continuing to beat on medium speed for 6 minutes. Sugar should be dissolved and mixture should be light and fluffy.
4. Add vanilla, then eggs one at time.
5. Continue beating on low for 1 minute following each egg.
6. Add flour mixture and sour cream, alternating (first flour, then cream) just until combined.
7. Spread in prepared pan and bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
8. Remove and cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Return to Pound Cake Recipes index
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Banana Bread Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index