Here's a Rum Cake recipe that's made a little easier by starting with a boxed cake mix.
What You Need
1 package Duncan Hines Golden Butter Cake Mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup white or golden rum
1/2 cup water
1 small package instant vanilla pudding
1/3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1 stick butter
1/4 cup rum
1 cup sugar
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 325F and heavily grease and flour a bundt pan.
2. If using chopped pecans, sprinkle them in bottom of bundt pan.
3. Mix all cake ingredients, then pour batter into pan.
4. Bake 50-60 minutes.
5. Time your making of the glaze to be ready at the same time the cake is done. Place glaze ingredients in small pan and heat until boiling.
6. Boil for 2 minutes.
7. Immediately upon removing cake from oven, pour glaze round edges of pan. Let cook for 20 minutes before removing cake from pan.
Return to Cake Recipes index
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index