What You Need
1 cup sifted cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 eggs, separated
1 cup sugar, divided
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup water
2 egg whites
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Combine cake flour, baking powder, and salt, stir well and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, beat three egg yolks at high speed with an electric mixer for 1 minute.
4. Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, beating constantly until egg yolks are thick and pale, about 5 minutes.
5. Add vanilla and 1/4 cup water, beating at low speed until well blended.
6. Add flour mixture to egg yolk mixture, beating at low speed until blended, and set aside.
7. Separately, beat 5 egg whites at room temperature at high speed until foamy. Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
8. Gently stir one fourth of the egg white mixture into the batter, then gently fold in the remaining egg white mixture.
9. Pour batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan. Bake 35 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool for 45 minutes with pan inverted.
Return to Cake Recipes index
Pound Cake Recipes
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index