Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
This Strawberry Shortcake recipe makes 12 servings.
What You Need
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 quart half-and-half
1 cup honey
1 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup shortening
1 quart strawberries
1/4 cup sugar
What To Do
1. Mix strawberries and honey; let stand 1 to 2 hours.
2. Mix dry ingredients in large bowl. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. Add milk all at once and stir 20 to 30 strokes with a fork.
4. Form into ball on lightly floured surface. Gently knead dough 15 times.
5. Divide dough in half. Roll to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with 3 to 3-1/2-inch biscuit cutter.
6. Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake at 425F 15 to 18 minutes or until top browns.
7. Cool, slice in half and soak 5 to 10 minutes in half-and-half.
8. Place bottom of biscuits on dessert dish, spoon 6 ounces of strawberries on biscuit and place top over strawberries.
9. Garnish with whole or sliced strawberries and serve with additional half-and-half if desired.
Source: National Honey Board
Return to Cake Recipes index
Pound Cake Recipes
Cookie Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index