Angel Crisps Cookies Recipe
This Snickerdoodles recipe yields approximately 36 cookies.
What You Need
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Set up a small bowl of water and a small bowl of sugar near where you'll be working.
2. Cream together shortening, 1/2 cup sugar and brown sugar, vanilla and egg.
3. Add dry ingredients, mixing, then roll into small ball (about the size of a walnut).
4. Dip top of each doughball in water, then dip wetted top into sugar.
5. Place each ball sugar side up on baking sheet. Use your finger to make a depression in the top of each.
6. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on racks.
Return to Cookie Recipes index
Cake Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index