What You Need
1 1/2 cups of sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1/2 cup shortening
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F, and grease and flour a 13x9x2 inch pan.
2. Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt onto a sheet of wax paper.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar for 1 minute using electric mixer. Then add eggs and continuing mixing until well blended (approximately 2 minutes).
4. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture. When ingredients are moistened, add vanilla extract.
5. Turn mixer up to medium and continue mixing for another minute, scraping the sides of the bowl if needed.
6. If using nuts, stir in by hand. Pour cookie batter into prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes.
7. Cool in pan, then cut into cookie squares.
Return to Cookie Recipes index
Cake Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index