Chocolate Butter Cookies Recipe
This Chocolate Butter Cookies recipe makes 3 dozen cookies. This recipe requires refrigeration before baking.
What You Need
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 large egg
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
What To Do
1. In a large mixer bowl, combine sugar and butter. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
2. Add egg and almond extract. Continue beating until well mixed.
3. Reduce mixer speed to low and continue beating, while gradually adding flour and cocoa. Scrape the bowl often and continue until well mixed.
4. Divide dough into thirds, wrapping each dough ball in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight.
5. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375F.
6. Lightly flour your hands to work with each dough ball (keep other dough balls refrigerated while working with one).
7. Form pieces of dough into balls about 1-inch in diameter; shape into desired shapes. Place balls 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake until set, about 7-9 minutes.
9. Cool completely.
Return to Cookie Recipes index
Cake Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index