It probably helps if you like fruitcake if you're planning on making these cookies. But we've always thought this cookie version tastes much better than the infamous cake anyway.
What You Need
1 pound margarine
1 pound brown sugar
1 Tablespoon milk
5 cups sifted flour
1 can flaked coconut
1 teaspoon soda
1 pound white raisins
1 pound nut meats
1 pound candied cherries
1 pound candied pineapple, diced
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 375F and grease a cookie sheet.
2. Measure 4 cups flour and mix with baking soda.
3. Combine fruit, coconut and nuts, then dredge in the remaining 1 cup of sifted flour.
4. Cream butter, then add sugar and cream together. Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each.
5. Stir fruit, coconut and nut mixture into batter.
6. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes.
Return to Cookie Recipes index
Cake Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index