Honey Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
This Honey Gingerbread Cookies recipe makes approximately 36 cookies.
What You Need
5 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 1/2 cups honey
What To Do
1. In large bowl, cream honey and butter until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in egg.
3. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and cloves; mix until combined.
4. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. When dough is chilled, divide dough in half; return one half to refrigerator.
5. Dust work surface and dough with flour. Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thick.
6. Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters; transfer to well-greased baking sheet.
7. Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes. Remove cookies from sheet and cool on wire rack.
8. Repeat with remaining dough.
Source: National Honey Board
Return to Cookie Recipes index
Sugar Cookie Recipes
Cake Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index