Crisp Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
What You Need
1 1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup argarine, melted
3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups quick oats
What To Do
1. Heat oven to 375F and lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
2. Have small bowl of cold water and a glass ready.
3. Stir together milk and lemon juice, and add to large bowl.
4. Also add brown sugar, margarine and vanilla and blend until smooth.
5. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt, then stir in oats until blended. Let mixture stand for 5 minutes.
6. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 1/2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
7. Flatten each ball into a 1/8-inch-thick round by pressing with bottom of glass dipped in cold water.
8. Bake one cookie sheet at a time 9-11 minutes until cookies look dry and edges start to brown.
Return to Oatmeal Cookie Recipes index
Sugar Cookie Recipes
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes
Cake Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index