Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
This Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies recipe makes 60 cookies.
What You Need
1 cup raisins
1 cup water
3/4 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
What To Do
1. In a saucepan, cook raisins in water over medium heat until plump,
about 15 minutes. Drain, but reserve liquid. Add enough water to raisin water to measure 1/2 cup.
2. Preheat oven to 375F.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
4. Stir in raisin liquid, then blend in dry ingredients except for oats. Mix well.
5. Add raisins and oats, and nuts if desired.
6. Drop by teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light brown.
Return to Oatmeal Cookie Recipes index
Sugar Cookie Recipes
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
Cake Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index