This Pinwheel Cookies recipe yields approximately 72 cookies.
What You Need
3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon canilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 1-oz. squares chocolate, unsweetened, melted
What To Do
1. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Blend in eggs and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together flour baking powder and salt, then gradually add the sifted ingredients into creamed mixture, blending well.
4. Divide dough into 2 parts. Blend the chocolate into only one half.
5. Cover and chill both doughs until they are firm.
6. When ready to prepare, roll each doughball into a 12x9-inch rectangle.
7. Place the chocolate dough on top of the plain dough and roll stacked doughs to a thickness of about a quarter-inch.
8. Roll the dough up into a log (rolling from the long side). Wrap log in plastic and chill until firm.
9. Preheat oven to 400F.
10. Cut cookie roll into slice about 1/8-inch thick and place slices onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes. Cool cookies on wire rack.
Return to Cookie Recipes index
Cake Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index