This Snickerdoodles recipe yields approximately 36 cookies.
What You Need
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 3/8 cups sifted flour (Note: Add 1/4 cup more at high altitude)
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
What To Do
1. Mix softened butter, sugar, and egg.
2. Separately sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt, and in another bowl mix the sugar and cinnamon.
3. Mix dry ingredients with creamed mixture to form dough. Allow dough to chill for one hour in refrigerator.
4. Preheat oven to 400F.
5. Tear off pieces of dough and roll into walnut-sized balls. Roll each ball in the sugar/cinnamon mix, and place three inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake 6-8 minutes, until center is almost set and cookies are lightly browned. Allow to cool completely before eating.
Return to Cookie Recipes index
Cake Recipes Recipes
Dessert Recipes Index